In this month’s update, you will find news from some of our many Working Groups and National Networks; the ESP Asia Regional office; the upcoming ESP9 Conference; a website update from the secretariat; and more publications, events and announcements from the field of ecosystem services. Happy reading! [Read more…] about ESP July Update is out
In collaboration with the Gyeonggi-provincial government and the Korean National Institute of Forest Science, ESP Asia Regional Office started local community trainings to increase awareness on benefits of ecosystem services in civilian control zones of DMZ areas in Korea and to identify perceived values of natural capitals among local residents; [Read more…] about ESP Regional Office Asia: community trainings and research on cultural ES
The EU funded Capacity Building on Marine Strategy Framework Directive in Turkey Project (MARinTURK) supports the possible transposition and implementation of the MSFD in the near future. As part of the initial assessment, the economic and social analysis of the different marine water uses as well as the assessment of cost of degradation has been completed for both the Mediterranean and Black Seas of Turkey. [Read more…] about Marine ES taken into account in MSFD application in Turkey
Since May 2017, YESS has a new executive team, André Mascarenhas and Klara Winkler, with the mission to strengthen the connection between the YESS members (currently over 180). Building on a recent members’ survey, activities and network opportunities are in the planning – for example a bi-monthly interactive journal club will take part from August onwards. [Read more…] about Young Ecosystem Services Specialists news
Lately we made some updates to the ESP website, mainly to make it more user friendly. We hope you like it!
Below we’ll guide you through the changes:
- It is now possible for members to add news, events, collaboration calls or vacancies by using the “Submit your news” form. You will find it in the right sidebar, once you have logged in with your username and password.
- You can use the Login box in the right sidebar to log in to your member profile.
- After logging in, you can access our updated member portal by clicking on “Go to ESP Community” in the right sidebar.
- The member portal has a brand new look and includes some new features, like a detailed member profile which you can already fill out.
- Next to the discussion groups and private messages, you can now use instant messaging to chat with other members in real time.
- The portal now aggregates a Stream of all the activity of people and groups that you follow.
We hope those updates will help you collaborate with your colleagues on the ecosystem services topic. If you find anything that doesn’t work, please inform the secretariat.
Tip: If you encounter a problem, please first try to refresh the page (ctrl + F5) or delete your browser history.