ESP currently hosts 13 thematic working groups (TWG’s): they work on the theme as a whole or are split in subgroups. TWG members exchange information, discuss ideas and experience, and make this information available to a wider community of users.
Activities of Thematic Working Groups
- Collect, synthesize and exchange information on the WG theme to advance the science and application on that topic.
- Stimulate collaboration between the main organizations involved with the WG Theme.
- Organize workshops during regional and global ESP-conferences or other events.
- Publish (joint) papers
- Develop guidelines for Ecosystem Services Assessment.
- Contribute to international assessments e.g. TEEB National studies, Sub Global Assessment (follow-up MA), IPBES.
- Contribute to international assessments such as TEEB National studies, Sub Global Assessment and IPBES.
Join an ESP thematic working group
- Contact the thematic working group lead team, or the biome working group cluster coordinator.
- If you wish to initiate a new thematic working group please contact Dolf de Groot.
- Joining a thematic working group requires ESP membership.
The following Thematic Working Groups are currently active
TWG 1 – ES Assessment frameworks & Typologies
TWG 2 – Biodiversity & Ecosystem services
TWG 3 – ES Indicators
TWG 4 – Mapping ES
TWG 5 – Modeling ES
TWG 6 – Integrated valuation of ES
TWG 7 – Economic & Monetary valuation
TWG 8 – Cultural services & Values
TWG 9 – ES & Public health
TWG 10 – ES in Trade-off analysis & Project evaluation
TWG 11 – Global ES Flows
TWG 12 – ES & Disaster Risk reduction (DRR)
TWG 13 – Role of ES in Ecosystem restoration
TWG 14 – Application of ES in Planning & Management
TWG 15 – ES & Poverty alleviation
TWG 16 – ES Financing mechanisms (incl. PES)
TWG 17 – ES Accounting & Greening the economy
TWG 18 – Governance & Institutional aspects