- Database of researchers/practitioners working on or interested in economic valuation of ES
- Sharing of key economic and ES publications and reports, details of workshops etc.
- Development of conceptual and methodological frameworks.
- Workshop at the 2014 ESP conference.
- Future discussion group/ forum,
- Development of meta data on ecosystem services values.
- Networking with regional environmental and resource economics organizations (e.g. EEPSEA, LACEEP, SANDEE, etc.).
- Economic Valuation of Ecosystem Services Education Project in Developing Countries.
The organisation of workshops/working group meetings at the annual ESP conferences is one main activity of the working group:
- Theme Session: Small-scale fisheries and marine ecosytem services under a data poor context. 2015 ICES Conference – Denmark.
- Theme Session: Managing marine ecosystem services in a changing climate. 2015 ICES Conference – Denmark.
- 7th Conference of the Ecosystem Services Partnership – Costa Rica, September 8-12th, 2014. http://www.espconference.org/ESP_Conference
- Special Session at International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES), A Coruña, Spain, September 19-22th, 2014.www.ices.dk/news-and-events/asc/ASC-2014/Call%20for%20abstracts/Pages/default.aspx
– Rivero Rodriguez, S., Villasante, S. (2016) What are the research priorities for marine ecosystem services? Marine Policy 66: 104-113.
– Outeiro, L. et al. (2015) Using ecosystem services mapping for marine spatial planning in Southern Chile under scenario assessment. Ecosystem Services (in press). doi:10.1016/j.ecoser.2015.03.004.
– Roldán, V. et al. (2015) Linking marine and terrestrial ecosystem services through governance social networks analysis in Central Patagonia (Argentina). Ecosystem Services (in press). doi:10.1016/j.ecoser.2015.02.010.
– Stefanski, S., Villasante, S. (2015) Whales vs. gulls: Assessing trade-offs in wildlife and waste management in Patagonia, Argentina. Ecosystem Services (in press). doi:10.1016/j.ecoser.2014.11.012.
– Villasante, S.. et al. (2015) Are provisioning ecosystem services from rural aquaculture contributing to reduce hunger in Africa? Ecosystem Services 16: 365-377.
– Villasante, S., Österblom, H. (2015) The role of cooperation for improved stewardship of marine social–ecological systems in Latin America. Ecology and Society 20(1): 8.
– Lambini, C., Nguyen, T. (2014) A comparative analysis of the effects of institutional property rights on forest livelihoods and forest conditions: Evidence from Ghana and Vietnam, Forest Policy and Economics, 38, 178-190.
– Nguyen, T. et al. (2014) An economic analysis of reforestation with a native tree species: the case of Vietnamese farmers, Biodiversity and Conservation, 23(4):811-830.
– Outeiro, L. Villasante, S. (2013) Linking salmon aquaculture synergies and trade-offs on ecosystem services to human wellbeing constituents. AMBIO 42(8): 1022-1036.
-Villasante, S. et al. (2013) All fish for China? AMBIO 42(8): 923-936.
– Villasante, S., Macho, G., Antelo, A., Rodriguez, D., Kaiser, M. (2013) Resilience and Challenges of Marine Social-Ecological Systems Under Complex and Interconnected Drivers. AMBIO 2(8): 905-910.
– Title: Integrated assesment of marine and coastal ecosystem services. Journal: International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management. Editor Guests: J. Rodrigues, S. Villasante, K. Banerjee.http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/tbsm21/current
– Title: Synergies and trade-offs of marine ecosystem services: from science to policy making. Journal: Ecosystem Services. Editor Guests: S. Villasante, P. Lopes, M. Coll. www.journals.elsevier.com/ecosystem-services