Envisioned activities and outputs
Why do we need a working group and what do we see as a working group? This group has always had a long list of interested people, but we think constituting a working group should go beyond e-mails sent by a few individuals. We envision active collaboration, both during and outside of ESP conferences, for instance through:
- Organising workshop sessions with equal time for presentations and discussion / co-writing / sharing during the upcoming European Ecosystem Service Conference in Antwerp (September 19-23th, 2016)
- Organising workshops and seminars outside ESP conferences on specific topics (e.g. criteria, NEAs, specific geographical regions)
- Writing research proposals together
- Conducting structured, combined reviews and/or meta-analyses on above-mentioned questions, especially on ‘What are we really measuring?’
- Writing reflection / position papers or commentaries
- Sharing knowledge – providing overviews of recent and key publications and project outputs or initiatives with strong focus on indicators
- Setting up a list server to facilitate participatory communication
Our proposal for a session entitled ‘Ecosystem service indicators: what you measure is what you get?’ at the European ES Conference in Antwerp has been accepted. The session, numbered T8, will take place Thursday September 22nd between 9.00-12.30 (two blocks), during the ‘Science Showcase day’. Alexander van Oudenhoven and Matthias Schröter are hosting the session together with Christian Albert and Evangelia Drakou. Please check this link for updated session descriptions.
Please send us an email if you have submitted a session proposal for any other regional ESP conferences!