The members of the Greek ESP NN (HESP) collaborated on an article regarding the Greek national agenda concerning ES. Founded in 2004, the HESP is the Greek National Network of Universities, researchers, managers of Protected Areas (PA), decision makers and other professionals dedicated to the advancement of the research and application of ecosystem services (ES) in the Greek part of the Mediterranean Basin.
The Business Guidelines for the Non-Economic Valuation of Cultural Ecosystem Services (DESEC, its Portuguese acronym) is available now in English.
Lately we made some updates to the ESP website, mainly to make it more user friendly. We hope you like it!
Below we’ll guide you through the changes:
- It is now possible for members to add news, events, collaboration calls or vacancies by using the “Submit your news” form. You will find it in the right sidebar, once you have logged in with your username and password.
- You can use the Login box in the right sidebar to log in to your member profile.
- After logging in, you can access our updated member portal by clicking on “Go to ESP Community” in the right sidebar.
- The member portal has a brand new look and includes some new features, like a detailed member profile which you can already fill out.
- Next to the discussion groups and private messages, you can now use instant messaging to chat with other members in real time.
- The portal now aggregates a Stream of all the activity of people and groups that you follow.
We hope those updates will help you collaborate with your colleagues on the ecosystem services topic. If you find anything that doesn’t work, please inform the secretariat.
Tip: If you encounter a problem, please first try to refresh the page (ctrl + F5) or delete your browser history.
As part of the Presidency of the Estonian Republic of the Council of the European Union, a flagship conference “Nature-based Solutions: From Innovation to Common-use” will be organised by the Ministry of the Environment of Estonia and the University of Tallinn. The conference will be held in Tallinn from 24 to 26 October 2017.
This conference will be held on 18 & 19 October, 2017 in Edinburgh. It brings together people from diverse research areas and from business, policy and practice – all with the common goal of tackling Valuing Nature challenges. Come along to hear the latest research findings on this dynamic arena of research and practice and share your own innovations, ideas and questions.