IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges. IUCN is offering the position of EU Programme Officer Nature Based Solutions.
Under the supervision of EU Programme Manager Nature Based Solutions, the EU Programme Officer Nature Based Solutions will perform the following tasks:
• Coordinate the delivery of tasks part of European projects on nature-based solutions, liaising with project partners and drawing on IUCNs knowledge network to provide inputs for deliverables as required;
• Develop new project ideas and support fundraising efforts to help IUCN expand its engagement with local and regional governments for nature-based solutions, and strengthen IUCNs involvement in related networks and initiatives in Europe;
• Lead the development of promotional and communication materials, such as webstories, presentations, project brochures and webinars, that help raise awareness for the value of nature based solutions for specialist and non-specialist audiences;
• Develop and maintain collaboration with IUCN Members and partners across Europe and represent IUCN at external events;
• Organisation and assistance with the preparation of events and workshops
• Follow closely EU policy developments related to nature-based solutions;
• Coordinate the development of a database of examples and best practices related to nature based solutions;
• Responsible for technical reporting and administrative management of projects.
• A Masters degree in environmental sciences, ecosystem management, sustainable development, or any other discipline that is relevant to nature conservation; knowledge of urban issues is an advantage;
• At least 5 years of work experience in the field of nature conservation, sustainable development or a related area of work; experience with the private sector is an asset;
• Experience in developing project proposals for the European Commission (Horizon 2020 is an advantage);
• Experience with project management and good organizational, administrative, and reporting skills;
• Knowledge of European nature legislation and familiarity with EU funding and policy processes;
• Excellent level of written and spoken English (native speaker or equivalent), other languages an asset;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to create engaging communication strategies and products;
• Experience organizing events and workshops;
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and reporting skills;
• A motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently, become familiar with new topics quickly, and meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
• A team player with a strong interest in working in an international environment and willingness to travel.
Application deadline: 5 May 2017
Expected start date: 1 July 2017
For more information and application please click visit the IUCN vacancy page.