Kassel Uni is looking for a Research Assistant at the Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences – Division of Social-Ecological Interactions in Agricultural Systems, with starting date: 01. February 2018.
The University of Kassel is a young university with ca. 25.000 students. It comprises an usually wide range of disciplines, with expertise in the natural and social sciences, engineering and humanities.
The Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences, Division of Social-Ecological Interactions in Agricultural Systems (Prof. Dr. Tobias Plieninger) has opened the following position, starting date: 01.02.2018.
Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H)
Part-time position with 50% of the working hours of a full-time employee (currently 20 hours). This is a fixed-term position of three years with the possibility of extending the contract for additional two years (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG). The opportunity for performing a PhD project will be given.
- Contributions to research and teaching (2 SWS) within the Division
- Independent research in the field of ecosystem services and multifunctional land use in Europe
- Writing of scientific papers
- Support in the establishment of the Division, in particular regarding application and realization of research projects
- Completed course of academic study (Master degree) within the fields of environmental / agricultural / forest sciences / geography and related areas
- Knowledge of social-ecological concepts as well as qualitative and quantitative methods of assessing ecosystem services and multifunctional land use systems
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Teaching experiences
- Research interest within the field of the Division
- Ability to work in a team and interest in inter- and transdisciplinary work
- First experiences with scientific publishing
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Tobias Plieninger, E-Mail: [email protected]
For more information, visit the Uni Kassel official website.