The book “Water Ecosystem Services – A Global Perspective” in the “International Hydrology Series” is now open access and can be downloaded for free.
The book contains topics such as:
- Ecosystem services-based approaches and their assistance in addressing major global and regional water challenges
- Integration of scientific knowledge from different disciplines, such as hydrological modelling and environmental economics
- Consolidation of current thinking and innovative approaches, involving disciplines such as psychology and international law
- Empirical assessments at the national, catchment, and regional levels
- Appraisal of the systemic approach, and presentation of the merits and potential limitations
- Practicalities of this approach with regard to water resources management, nature conservation, and sustainable business practices
- The role of society in underpinning the concept of ecosystem services
- Presention of new insights and perspectives on how to shape future strategies
You can download it for free here.