Welcome to the official webpage of the DRC’s (Democratic Republic of the Congo) ESP National Network.
- Yoba Alenga Extasié, Congolese Youth Biodiversity Network
- Nguo Mushonga Elie, Congolese Youth Biodiversity Network
- Lokpaka Bafalata Emmanuel, UICN-PAPACO
Introduction and Objectives
The ESP DRC National Chapter is an interdisciplinary network of researchers, professionals, policy makers, students and non-governmental organizations involved in ecosystem services.
This network aims to:
- Promote the discipline of Ecosystemic Services discipline in DRC- as an integrated discipline involving biophysical and socioeconomic sciences,
- Develop an interactive network where members can share their experiences, research, events, etc. on topical issues of ecosystem services,
- Accelerate recruitment of new members via online registration
- Influence National policies to guarantee the sustainability of the services provided by Congolese ecosystems.
Activities and Outputs
- Consolidation and meet-up with all members
- Field activities: research on Congolese critical ecosystems and their values
- Conferences and summer schools
- Congolese Youth Biodiversity Network (CYBN)
- International Association for Landscape Ecology (IALE)
- National Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
- Global Landscape Forum (GLF)