Introduction & Objectives
In nature, we find fascinating and highly efficient structures, materials, methods, processes and algorithms. And because of this, it has always been a source of inspiration for human beings to improve quality of life. “Biomimetic” can be defined as nature-based innovation aiming to solve problems of society by reproducing phenomena or structures of nature. Nowadays, many examples of biomimetic successes can be found in architecture, water management, transportation, biodegradable materials and so on; and all of which have involved an in-depth knowledge of ecosystems.
In this perspective, the biomimetic ESP working group is focused on biomimetic, aiming to get a deeper knowledge and to extend practical application all over the world as a possible, efficient, affordable and sustainable solutions to improve ecosystems health and human well-being.
Тhe objective of this Working Group is to provide a platform for researches and practitioners to exchange ideas, information, and experiences on biomimetics and make the information available to a wider community of users.
- Teresa López-Armentia, Zabalketa Association
- Gorka Cubero, Zabalketa Association
- Ibone Ametzaga, UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development and Environmental Education, at the University of the Basque Country
Activities and outputs
- Collect, synthesize and exchange information and experiences on biomimetic
- Create opportunities for collaboration and partnership among organizations, universities, companies and institutions
- Maintain an active forum for discuss ideas about innovative solutions based on nature
- Contribute to spread biomimetic solutions
Related information and projects
- “Experiencias de captación de agua de niebla para reforestación. Investigación de campo en territorios con escasez pluvial de Bolivia y Perú”. Zabalketa 2014. (http://zabalketa.org/wpcontent/uploads/2016/02/Aguadeniebla.pdf)
- Current project of fog water harvesting in Bolivia (2019-2021): https://www.wasserstiftung.de/en/bolivia-alto-veladero-sivingalito/