Welcome to the official webpage of the China ESP national network. If you would like to visit this network’s discussion board, please click here (members only).
- Jun Yang, Tsinghua University
- Feng Li, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Lead team support
If you are interested in becoming a member of the lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this national network, please click here.
Introduction & Objectives
ESP National Networks aim to improve decision making on ecosystem services by providing a platform for researchers, government, non-government, business, industry and communities to exchange information and experiences on the theoretical and practical application of ecosystem services at local to national scales.
The mission of China National Network is to promote the research and applications of ecosystem services in environmental management in China. The network serves as a platform for stakeholders from the academic field, governmental agencies, industry, and private enterprises to exchange ideas and develop best management practices. Click here to read more.
The national network in China plans to conduct the following activities:
- To form a steering committee in 2016
- An inaugural conference held in the middle of 2016, with the participation of ESP
- To actively recruit members and set up regional coordination offices
- To publish a special issue on ecosystem services on relevant journals by the end of 2016
- To seek funding from to support workshops co-hosted by the national network in China and ESP
- To develop a full-functional website of the national network in China
Related Networks & Projects China
The national network in China will build a close working relationship with the following networks:
- Ecological Society of China
- Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences
- Chinese Society for Sustainable Development
The China network will also develop collaborations with the branch offices of UNEP, WWF, GEF, and other NGOs in China. The national network in China is expecting to build strong collaborations with all interested parties.