Worldwide there is a rapidly growing amount of knowledge and data on ecosystem services on different stages of development. ESP serves as a platform to share these knowledge and data, discuss the latest developments and form collaborations for further research. We mainly do this via our biome, thematic and sectoral working groups; regional chapter and national networks, the global and regional ESP conferences and our website and our related journals.
Key initiatives supported by and/or related to ESP
- Ecosystem Services valuation Database (ESVD)
- Publication Exchange (members only)
Other relevant databases
There is a rapidly growing amount of data and (spatial and dynamic) models on ecosystem services scattered in many different places and stages of development. The list below gives you access to the main available databases. If you have any suggestions for the list below, please contact ESP Support Team.
- Ecosystem Valuation Toolkit (Earth Economics)
- Marine Ecosystem Services Partnership – MESP Valuation Library
- ARIES – ARtificial Intelligence for Ecosystem Services
- EnValue (Environmental Protection Agency of New South Wales, Australia)
- Nordic Environmental Valuation Database (NEVD)
- Environmental Valuation Reference Inventory [EVRI]
- ValueBaseSwe – The Valuation Study Database for Environmental Change in Sweden (Beijer International Institute of Ecological Economics, Sweden)
- New Zealand Non-Market Valuation Database (Lincoln University, New Zealand)
- NOEP Non-market database
- Natural Capital Project Toolbox – including InVEST, Science-Policy Interface Tools and Environmental Services Project Database.
- FAO Stats – Statistics division of the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the UN. You can find yearbooks, information sheets, databases, maps, and tools.
- Global Health Observatory (GHO) – The Global Health Observatory (GHO) is WHO’s portal providing access to data and analyses for monitoring the global health situation.
- Penn World Table – provides purchasing power parity and national income accounts converted to international prices.
- UNESCO Institute for statistics – Global and internationally comparable statistics on education, science, culture and communication.
- United Nations Statistical Division – The Statistics Division is committed to the advancement of the global statistical system.
- World Heath Statistics – WHO Statistical Information System (WHOSIS).
- World Development Indicators – all major financial and economical statistics for national and international comparison.
- Earth Trends database – The environmental information portal of the World Resources Institute.
- GlobalDES – Global Database of regulatory Documents on Ecosystem Services.