Welcome to the official webpage of the Kazakhstan ESP national network. If you would like to visit this network’s discussion board, please click here (members only).
- Sholpan Davletova, Int. IT University, Kazakhstan
If you are interested in becoming a member of the lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this national network, please click here.
Activities and Outputs
The Central Asian Regional Environmental Center (CAREC)
CAREC was established in accordance with the resolution of the IV Pan-European Conference of 1998 in Aartus (Denmark). CAREC began its work in 2001 after the Republic of Kazakhstan had ratified the egreement on CAREC operating as an independent non-profit, non-political, and international organization. The five Central Asian countries – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan – as well the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the European Commission (EC) are the Center’s co-founders. CAREC held office is located in Almaty, Kazakhstan while its country offices operate in all Central Asian states (CAS).
CAREC PROJECTS IN KAZAKHSTAN
- Mainstreaming ecosystem service into macroeconimical and sectoral programes of the Republic of Kazakshtan
- Valuation of ecosystem services for improved water resources management in the agricultural sector of Kazakhstan
- Introduction of an effective water use system in Merke District of Zhambyl Region of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Find out more about CAREC projects here.
- Training on the application of methods of economic valuation of natural resources and biodiversity in the framework of the GEF / UNDP / Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Economic evaluation mechanisms to improve decision-making and management of the implementation of commitments under global environmental agreements», December 4-5, 2015, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- The final meeting, the dialogue on policies and measures and consultation project of UNEP and Regional Environmental Center for Central Asia (CAREC) “Maintreaming ecosystem services into sectoral and macro-economic policies and programs of the Republic of Kazakhstan”. November 5-6, 2015, Astana, Kazakhstan.
Related networks and projects
Association for the Conservation of Biodiversity of Kazakhstan (ACBK)
ACBK is a non-governmental, non-profit organization working for wildlife research and conservation in Kazakhstan dedicated to the conservation of the unique wildlife and landscape of Kazakhstan. Since 2010, ACBK is a Partner of BirdLife International. The ACBK programs implemened in cooperation with national and international partners are available here.