1. Introduction & Objectives
Over the past decades, much information has become available on the economic, and monetary value of ecosystem services (see for example TWG 6). However, to implement the concept of Ecosystem Services in practice, information about the economic value of ES must be translated into practical financing instruments and incentives.
Objective: This working group will contribute to develop instruments and guidelines how to use the concept of ecosystem services in financing mechanisms for biodiversity conservation and sustainable ecosystem management (eg. PES, REDD, etc). This working group will also look at how the business community can be involved more, building, for example, on the recommendation from the TEEB D3-report.
This Working Group exchanges ideas, posts updates, form collaborations and starts paper initiatives via a Discussion platform. This discussion platform is only accessible for Working Group members via this link. Select your favourite topic of discussion under TWG 10, Discussion group, on the left panel of your screen.
2. Lead Team & Members
- Leimona Beria – World Agroforestry Centre (Coordinator RUPES Program)
- Sara Namirembe – World Agroforestry Centre, Kenya
- Harpinder Sandhu – Flinders University, Australia
- Frederiek van Lienen – ESA Wageningen UR, The Netherlands
- Dieter Mortelmans – INBO, Brussels, Belgium
- Aunul Fauzi – World Agroforestry Centre, Indonesia
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this Working group, please click here.