Welcome to the official webpage of the Italy ESP national network (IESP). If you would like to visit this network’s discussion board, please click here (members only).
If you are interested in becoming a member of the lead team please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this national network please click here.
Introduction & Objectives
ESP National Networks aim to improve decision making on ecosystem services by providing a platform for researchers, government, non-government, business, industry and communities to exchange information and experiences on the theoretical and practical application of ecosystem services at local to national scales.
IESP aims at developing a platform for researchers, practitioners and public officers interested in ecosystem services, and their applications. Our objective is to promote collaborations across institutions active in this field, and design nation-wide initiatives that might be relevant for the Italian context. Our activities will be demand-driven, and reflect the interests and motivation of the members.
Activities & Outputs
1. Survey of the ecosystem services research in Italy
- Poster summarising the survey’s results
- Survey statistics, list of research groups with illustrative ES studies
2. Observatory of Payment for Ecosystem Services schemes in Italy
- Taking stock of existing efforts, and enhance their visibility;
- Monitoring the evolution and implementation
- Promote the exchange of experiences and best practices;
- Promote scientific debate on PES effectiveness.