1. Introduction & Objectives
Integrating the concept of ecosystem services into spatial planning and management can help advance transformations towards just and sustainable cities and landscapes for people and nature. During the last decade, a range of theoretical and conceptual advances as well as numerous practical case studies have emerged that provide advanced knowledge on how, and with what effects, such integration of ecosystem services in planning can take place.
Objective: The objective of this working group is to provide a platform for a continuous exchange of colleagues interested in advancing our common theoretical, empirical and practical knowledge of the application of ecosystem services in planning and management. We intend to bring together, critically reflect and synthesize theoretical and practical insights. We identify, share and discuss applications at various scales from local to regional, in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems, and in different governance contexts. We are excited by the opportunity to exchange knowledge, and motivated by the intent to learn together.
To achieve our objective, we
- organize symposia and workshops at ESP conferences,
- identify topical challenges, trends and current developments,
- engage in joint publications, and
- explore options for further collaboration in joint research and consultancy projects.
2. Lead Team & Members
- Christian Albert (Chair), Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
- Christine Fürst, Martin Luther universität Halle-Wittenberg (co-Chair)
- Christina von Haaren, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- Davide Geneletti, University of Trento, Italy
- Anne Boehnke Henrichs, Wageningen UR, The Netherlands
- Blal Adem Esmail, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this Working group, please click here.