The Fifth Green Growth Knowledge Platform (GGKP) Annual Conference will be hosted by the World Bank on the topic of sustainable infrastructure, to stimulate research on these issues and foster interdisciplinary dialogue where relevant. This conference aims at taking stock of recent advances and research challenges. To do so, we plan to gather the best researchers in the field, both from the academic world and from more policy-oriented backgrounds, to exchange ideas and insights in a two-day conference organized at the World Bank. The scientific committee therefore calls for contributions on any aspect of the infrastructure agenda, particularly for developing countries, with a focus on sustainability, being broadly defined to cover the economic, social, and environmental dimensions. An indicative list of topics that could be addressed by the conference, both at the theoretical and empirical level, includes:
- Innovation in infrastructure delivery, both technological and organizational
- Political economy, governance, and regulatory challenges and opportunities
- Funding and financing challenges
- Impact evaluation of infrastructure at the household, firm and landscape levels
- Infrastructure, and social policies, including distributional aspects
- Climate change and infrastructure (mitigation and adaptation aspects)
- The role of natural/green infrastructure (nature-based solutions)
- Urban infrastructure and path dependency/lock-in
- Systems effects of infrastructure investments/development
Deadline for Submissions
A preliminary version of the paper must be sent, in PDF format, to the World Bank by 15 June 2017. Extended abstracts will be considered but preference will be given to completed papers. The scientific committee will take decisions and authors will be informed by 31 July 2017.
Travel funding is available to support a limited number of developing country researchers.