Back to back to the marine biome session on B1b: “Operationalizing ecosystem services in support of ecosystem-based marine spatial planning” lead by Ibon Galparsoro (AZTI)), Daniel Depellegrin (CNR-ISMAR) and Kemal Pinarbasi (AZTI) at the EU-ESP 2018 in San Sebastian we are happy to announce the dedicated special issue, which opens on 11 February 2019 on the Journal Ocean & Coastal Management.
The SI aims at addressing challenges in integrating Coastal and Marine Ecosystem Services assessment into MSP. In particular the current state of different methodological approaches focusing CMES assessment and explore current trends in CMES valuation, assessment and mapping in support of MSP and EBM.Further information can be found here.
In this sense the special issue welcomes contributions related to:
- Development and application of conceptual frameworks supporting operational integration of CMES into ecosystem-based MSP.
- Methods for ecosystem-based and socio-economic assessment of marine ecosystem goods and services provision and their linkage to MSP.
- Application of novel tools for CMES assessment, valuation and mapping in support of MSP.
- Integration of ecosystem services assessments in support of Blue Economy and Blue Growth.
- Stakeholder engagement in ecosystem service assessment and their role in participatory MSP.
- Methodologies for synergies and tradeoffs analysis of CMES to inform MSP
- Conceptual frameworks and methods for integration of CMES into risk and impact assessment
Submission opens: 11 February 2019
Submission closes: 31 July 2019
Further information on the Special Issue can be found here.
Managing Editor: Daniel Depellegrin ([email protected]); National Research Council – Institute of Marine Sciences, Venice (Italy)