ESP Regional Chapters aim to connect local information and experiences on the theoretical and practical application of ecosystem services with those of the international ESP community. By enhancing communication, coordination and cooperation and collating information across National Networks, Regional Chapters also support government, non-government, business, industry, researchers and communities by providing a central repository of information, experiences and experts within a region.
Main objectives of Regional Chapters and activities undertaken by their chairs
- Provide a focal point for ESP members within a Region and serve as the link with the International ESP community
- Provide support and advice to National Networks, and coordinate activities across National Networks within regions
- Organise, together with the National networks chairs, a regional ESP conference in their region every two years, in between the years ESP world conferences are organised.
- Actively approach and engage researchers and practitioners in ES approaches
- Actively promote ESP in the region and increase ESP membership
- Source opportunities for jointly designing and conducting research projects or applications of ES in practice
- Promote educational opportunities to improve understanding of ES
- Maintain webpage on ESP website