ESP National Networks aim to improve decision making on ecosystem services by providing a platform for researchers, government, non-government, business, industry and communities to exchange information and experiences on the theoretical and practical application of ecosystem services at local to national scales.
Main objectives of National Networks and activities undertaken by their chairs
- Provide a focal point for ESP members at the national level, in their national language
- Organise meetings and conferences of interest to the National ESP members
- Work together with Regional ESP chairs, to organise a regional conference, in between the ESP World conference.
- Support the implementation of ES science and practice at national and local levels (eg. by contributing to national assessments and policy evaluations
- Feed bottom up information into regional and international activities
- Maintain a database of researcher and practitioner expertise, contacts and projects
- Actively promote ESP in the country and increase ESP membership
- Promote educational opportunities to improve understanding of ES
- Maintain webpage on ESP website