Here we provide links to (past or present) projects and initiatives focused on the analysis of marine and coastal ecosystem services. These are not activities of the working group, but are of interest for its members.
- ICES Strategic Initiative on the Human Dimension
- Marine Ecosystem Services Partnership
- JPI Oceans
- Marine Biodiversity Observation Network
- In the framework of the EU Biodiversity Strategy, the working group on Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystems and their Services (click here or click here) developed during 2014 a pilot case study focused on marine environments. The results of the pilots were published as a report and an article.
- The PERSEUS project has completed its initial stakeholder mapping of MSFD players in the Southern European Seas.
- The ECOPOTENTIAL project. A Horizon 2020 EU project that focuses on the use of Earth Observation data to improve the management of Protected Areas (including MPAs) around Europe.
- RESCCUE project. A project implemented by the Pacific Community and funded by AFD and FFEM that aims at supporting adaptation to climate change (ACC) through integrated coastal management (ICM), resorting especially to economic analysis and innovative financial mechanisms for ecosystem services management.
- ODEMM Project. Outputs can be found on the website.
- VECTORS Project. Outputs can be found on the website.
- LIFE VIMINE Project. Outputs are in preparation and not yet available.
- INTERREG IVB-Project “Tidal River Development” TIDE (link)
- Ecosystem services and the dredging industry Project (link) with case studies in the Netherlands, Australia and Belgium. A report linked to the Project can be found here.
- Ecosystem assessment for the Belgian coast based on ES (link).
- BIOTA/FAPESP Araçá (link)
- Antares Project – IAI (link)
- ADRIPLAN Adriatic Ionian Maritime SPatial Planning (link). The Project reports can be downloaded here.
- RITMARE (link)
Training and Education
Erasmus Mundus Master Course on Maritime SPatial Planning EMMCMSP (link)