Seven recent publications related to urban systems reasearch from the ESP network. Find the list below:
- Ilieva, R.T. and T. McPhearson. 2018. “Social media data for urban sustainability.” Nature Sustainability, in press for October publication.
- Locke, D.H., and T. McPhearson. 2018. “Urban areas do provide ecosystem services.” Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 16: 203-205, https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1796
- Andersson, Erik and Timon McPhearson. “Making sense of biodiversity: affordances and functional ecology.” Frontiers in Psychology, DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00594
- Donahue, M., B.L. Keeler, S.A. Wood, D. Fisher, Z.A. Hamstead, and T. McPhearson. 2018. “Using social media to understand drivers of urban park visitation in the Twin Cities, MN.” Landscape and Urban Planning 175:1-10, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2018.02.006
- Hara, Y., T. McPhearson, Y. Sampei, and B. McGrath. 2018. “Assessing urban agriculture potential: A comparative study of Osaka, Japan and New York City, United States.” Sustainability Science 1-16, doi.org/10.1007/s11625-018-0535-8
- Hamstead, Z., D. Fisher, R. Illeva, S.A. Wood, T. McPhearson, and P. Kremer. 2018. “Geolocated social media as a rapid indicator of park visitation and equitable park access,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2018.01.007
- Kabisch, N., D. Haase, T. Elmqvist, and T. McPhearson. 2018. “Cities Matter: Workspaces in Ecosystem-Service Assessments with Decision-Support Tools in the Context of Urban Systems.” BioScience doi:10.1093/biosci/bix153