Relevant initiatives that are supported by and/or related to ESP are listed below. If you know of other relevant initiatives on guidelines and toolkits, please contact the guidelines & toolkits lead team.
- Developing ecosystem service indicators: Experiences and lessons learned from sub-global assessments and other initiatives – Technical Series No. 58. (UNEP-WCMC 2011). Provides a practical approach on the development of ecosystem services indicators and their implementation for policy and management.
- Measuring ecosystem services: Guidance on developing ecosystem service indicators – (UNEP-WCMC) – This publication presents a series of guidelines that have been produced to support the development of ecosystem service indicators at the national and regional level for uses in reporting, policy-making, biodiversity conservation, ecosystem management, environmental management, development planning and education. The guidance is designed to assist in the development of ecosystem service indicators on both an ‘on-off’ basis to meet the needs for a particular study or report (e.g. ecosystem assessments), or for long-term reporting and decision making (e.g. to Conventions such as the CBD).
- The URP Toolbox – This is a resource of principles and strategies to enhance meaningful stakeholder involvement in decision-making, developed by Griffith University, Australia
- ValuES Synthesis report: Analysis of 19 ecosystem service assessments for different purposes – Insights from practical experience – This report distinguishes between 6 different assessment purposes and provides specific recommendations for each of them, relating to assessment design and managing the assessment process. Available upon request at [email protected]
- NERC-BESS – A basic guideline of principles that should be considered when starting an ecosystem service mapping project.
- Integrating Ecosystem Services in Strategic Environmental Assessment: A guide for practitioners – This manual provides practical, step-by-step guidance and explains how ecosystem services tools can be integrated into the SEA process.