With our interactive online “meet-the-author” format (60 min), we want to create an opportunity to talk with authors of key publications in our research field in an informal setting. The invited speaker shortly presents the story behind the paper and its reception, then it is time for us to ask question and start the conversation.
So far, we had the following conversations:
- May 2018: Gary Peterson (SRC, Sweden) – Welcoming different perspectives in IPBES: “Nature’s contributions to people” and “Ecosystem Services” (2018, Ecology & Society)
- March 2018: Nadia Sitas (CSIR, South Africa) – African Assessment for IPBES (e.g. Multiscale scenarios for nature futures, 2017, nature ecology & evolution)
- January 2018: Mark Reed (NCL, UK) – The Productive Researcher (2017)
- November 2017: Marta Berbés-Blázquez (ASU, USA) – Towards an ecosystem services approach that addresses social power relations (2016, Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability)
- September 2017: Matthias Schröter (UFZ, Germany) – Ecosystem services as a contested concept: a synthesis of critique and counter-arguments (2014, Conservation Letters)