YESS organized a delegation to the 6th Plenary of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) in Medellin, Colombia in March 2018. The delegation was an observer group of young scientists in the plenary.
The YESS delegation to the IPBES Plenary has written an informative report about their experience. What happened at IPBES6 plenary, and what does it mean to YESS and the youth? In this report, the delegates describe their experience at IPBES6 full of inspiration.
The activities as delegation included:
- learning about IPBES and its work at online workshops before the plenary
- discussing better ways of stakeholder involvement in IPBES work programme on Stakeholder Day
- observing the plenary and sharing thoughts during daily delegation meet-ups
- posting articles about the event on social media (Twitter, YESS newsletter, Facebook etc.)
- and developing a paper based on reflections on the IPBES science-policy interface
For more information, please contact Hyeonju Ryu.