YESS is headed by an Executive Team that consists of two to five YESS members.
The tasks of the Executive Team are the following:
- Meeting of Executive Team at a minimum once every three months
- General coordination and administration tasks (e.g. memberships, communication, updating, answering of emails)
- Supporting YESS activities
- Discussing and exploring new YESS activities
- Assessing the relevance of current positions and of creating new positions or task forces for certain activities
- Ensuring communication from the Executive Team to the YESS group and ensuring that all YESS members can participate in the various activities
- Involving members in identifying new activities and demands to improve the network services
- Organize and host once a year an online plenary meeting for all YESS members
- Organize annual YESS nominations in a timely manner
YESS members can suggest items the Executive Team should take on and can contribute to the realization of ideas.
Nomination/election of the YESS Executive Team
- Executive Team members are nominated or elected for one year (12 months) and can be re-nominated/re-elected. The nominations/elections take place in mid-September. The date for nominations/elections can be changed after a general agreement from YESS members has been reached.
- All YESS members are eligible to nominate themselves as candidate for the Executive Team. This includes members of the current or previous teams.
- Candidates should present a short statement of their motivation for the task together with their vision for the development of YESS.
- After the call for new nominations it is checked whether all positions could be filled and whether an election is required (an election is required if there are more nominations submitted than positions available). Depending on the outcome of this, either renew the call (in case of too few candidates) or organize an election (in case of too many candidates). The election will be organized online, for instance by using an online survey tool.