The Institute of Environmental Planning at the Leibniz University Hannover invites applications for the following position starting as soon as possible: University Professorship (m/f/d) in Planning for Biodiversity and Vegetation Development
The professorship’s main areas of research and teaching are:
- Scientific principles of planning-related conservation, restoration and establishment of natural and semi-natural vegetation in Central Europe.
- Methods and objectives of species protection (flora) and biodiversity conservation and development.
- Integration of scientific content into planning processes (environmental impact assessment, management and development plans) under the challenges of climate change.
- Teaching is aimed at students of landscape architecture and environmental planning and, in addition to lectures on planning-related plant ecology, includes in particular mapping exercises in the field.
- Experience in the mapping and nature conservation assessment of the Central European flora and vegetation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate planning instruments and measures.
- Experience in obtaining research funding.
- Willingness to also teach courses in German.
- Willingness for interdisciplinary cooperation within and outside the faculty.
Find more information in English or German.
Please submit your application by April 12, 2023 exclusively via the appointment portal of Leibniz University Hannover here.