Several members of the Bulgarian NN presented at the ESP 10 conference in Hannover. Early career researchers, PhD students, professionals and scientists took part in the conference and had the opportunity to present oral and poster presentations of their work. On Tuesday October 22, assoc. prof. Stoyan Nedkov co-hosted the session T5 – Integrated ecosystem services models – advancing modeling science and application (R. Remme, F. Villa, et al.). The conference also favored the occasion to organize RC South-Eastern Europe meeting (Jeroen Arends, Stoyan Nedkov et al.) and deliver updates and discuss future activities within the regional chapter.
Topics presented by the Bulgaria NN members:
- Stoyan Nedkov “Modelling water regulation in support of ecosystem accounting in Bulgaria” (session T5)
- Kremena Gocheva, Svetla Bratanova – Doncheva, Nesho Chipev, Boyko Georgiev, Iva Apostolova, Luchezar Pehlivanov, Nikolay Nikolov, Radoslav Stanchev “Index-based, multipurpose, top-down ecosystem hierarchy of indicators and nomenclatures: Whole system approach to eliminating policy fragmentation” (session T3 and poster session)
- Rositsa Yaneva, Miglena Zhiyanski and Yonko Dodev “Mapping the capacity of forest ecosystems from Sredna Stara Planina mountain to mediate toxic elements” (session B3)
- Hristina Prodanova and Stoyan Nedkov “Capacity of the landscapes to provide recreation and ecotourism ecosystem services: a case study of the Central Predbalkan Region, Bulgaria” (poster session)
- Desislava Hristova and Stoyan Nedkov “GIS based modelling of water regulation services in support of ecosystem accounting” (poster session)
For further information, you may contact the author.