Welcome to the official webpage of the Wakanda ESP national network (WESP). If you would like to visit this network’s discussion board, please click here (members only).
- T’Challa Okonkwo, Ministry of Environment
- Ororo Munroe, National Climate & Weather Agency
- Chadwick Boseman, Wild Panther Protection Fund
If you are interested in becoming a member of the lead team, please contact the current lead team members.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this national network, please click here.
Introduction & Objectives
ESP National Networks aim to improve decision making on ecosystem services by providing a platform for researchers, government, non-government, business, industry and communities to exchange information and experiences on the theoretical and practical application of ecosystem services at local to national scales. If NN’s have a lot of information we’ll make links to additional pages.
If NN’s have a lot of information we’ll make links to additional pages.
Main objectives of National Networks and activities undertaken by their chairs:
- Provide a focal point for ESP members at the national level, in their national language
- Organise meetings and conferences of interest to the National ESP members
- Work together with Regional ESP chairs, to organise a regional conference, in between the ESP World conference.
- Support the implementation of ES science and practice at national and local levels (eg. by contributing to national assessments and policy evaluations
- Feed bottom up information into regional and international activities
- Maintain a database of researcher and practitioner expertise, contacts and projects
- Actively promote ESP in the country and increase ESP membership
- Promote educational opportunities to improve understanding of ES
- Maintain webpage on ESP website