The Cost Action PESFOR-W (Payment for Ecosystem Services: Forest for Water) organises a training school on Analysis of the cost effectiveness of Woodlands for Water PES. The training school will take place on 6-8 October 2020 in Freiburg, Germany. The deadline for application is June 30th, 2020. Applicants should send a one-page motivation letter, an estimate of their travel costs, and their full CV for full consideration to [email protected]
Applicants from Eastern Europe are especially encouraged to apply. While the event will be hosted virtually, travel and subsistence grants will be available for ~20 participants from COST member countries to attend in-person training in Freiburg. The selected list of in-person participants will be announced by July 15th, 2020.
The training school will focus on these specific sub-topics:
- Forest/Tree interactions with water, including interception of agricultural pollutants
- Economic Analysis of the effects of tree planting and forest management on water
- Hands-on modelling exercise on tree planting and forest management, water quality impacts, economic evaluation, and decision-making tools
- Economic efficiency of water quality protection through forestry and of associated payments for ecosystem services (PES) schemes
- Socio-economic implications of PES schemes for water
Target audience: The training school is intended for those involved in research directly related to, at least, one of the above-mentioned topics. PhD students and postdoctoral workers are especially encouraged to attend.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will 1) Gain knowledge regarding water processes in the woodlands and forest ecosystems 2) Analyze the effects of tree plantations and forest management intervention on water services, and 3) Apply economic and decision-making approaches to evaluate woodlands for water schemes as the focus of training school.
For more info email: [email protected]