There are several publications that have been published recently with authors belonging to the Marine WG.
Ángel Borja together with one of his PhD students, Sarai Pouso, who is just about to finish her PhD, has recently published four papers:
- Pouso, S., Á. Borja, J. Martín, M. C. Uyarra, 2019. The capacity of estuary restoration to enhance ecosystem services: System dynamics modelling to simulate recreational fishing benefits. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 217: 226-236
- Pouso, S., S. Ferrini, R. K. Turner, M. C. Uyarra, Á. Borja, 2018. Financial Inputs for Ecosystem Service Outputs: Beach Recreation Recovery After Investments in Ecological Restoration. Frontiers in Marine Science, 5: 10.3389/fmars.2018.00375.
- Pouso, S., M. C. Uyarra, Á. Borja, 2018. The recovery of estuarine quality and the perceived increase of cultural ecosystem services by beach users: A case study from northern Spain. Journal of Environmental Management, 212: 450-461.
- Pouso, S., M. C. Uyarra, Á. Borja, 2018. Recreational fishers’ perceptions and behaviour towards cultural ecosystem services in response to the Nerbioi estuary ecosystem restoration. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 208: 96-106.
The H2020 AQUACROSS project has recently finished and we will like draw your attention to some of its outputs, where Ana Lillebø, member of the Marine WG has contributed to. They are all open access:
- Lillebø A.I., Teixeira H., Morgado M., Martinez-Lopez J., Marhubi A., Delacamara G., Strosser P., Nogueira A.J.A. (2019) Ecosystem-based management planning across aquatic realms at the Ria de Aveiro Natura 2000 territory. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 650, 1898-1912.
- O’Higgins T., Nogueira A.A., Lillebø A.I. (2019) A simple spatial typology for assessment of complex coastal ecosystem services across multiple scales. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 649, 1452-1466.
- Borgwardt F., Robinson L., Trauner D., Teixeira H., Nogueira A.J.A., Lillebø A.I., Piet G., Kuemmerlen M., O’Higgins T., McDonald H., Arevalo-Torres J., Barbosa A.L., Iglesias-Campos A., Hein T., Culhane F. (2019) Exploring variability in environmental impact risk from human activities across aquatic ecosystems. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 652, 1396-1408.
- Martinez-Lopez J., Teixeira H., Morgado M., Almagro M., Sousa A.I., Villa F., Balbi S., Genua-Olmedo A., Nogueira A.J.A., Lillebø A.I. (2019) Participatory coastal management through elicitation of ecosystem service preferences and modelling driven by coastal squeeze. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 652, 1113-1128.
- Teixeira H., Lillebø A.I., Culhane F., Robinson L., Trauner D., Borgwardt F., Kummerlen M., Barbosa A., McDonald H., Funk A., O’Higgins T., van der Wal J.T., Piet G., Hein T., Arevalo-Torres J., Iglesias-Campos A., Barbiere J., Nogueira A.J.A. (2019) Linking biodiversity to ecosystem services supply: Patterns across aquatic ecosystems. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 657, 517-534.
- Daam M.A., Teixeira H., Lillebø A.I., Nogueira A.J.A. (2019) Establishing causal links between aquatic biodiversity and ecosystem functioning: Status and research needs. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 656, 1145-1156.
- Custódio M., Villasante S., Calado R., Lillebø A.I. (2019) Valuation of Ecosystem Services to promote sustainable aquaculture practices. REVIEWS IN AQUACULTURE, 1-14.
Additionally, we would like to draw your attention to an upcoming ALTER & EKLIPSE conference that might be of relevance for the ESP community.