10 October 2019, Helsinki, Finland. Registration deadline: 26 September 2019
This workshop is a unique opportunity to learn how Natural Capital Accounting could support various marine policies. You can also have your say on what kind of information you need and what issues should be prioritized when developing marine ecosystem accounts!
The workshop brings together experts from marine science, environmental and resource economics, statistics and policy advisors, data holders and modelers to learn about ecosystem accounting method and to discuss the following topics:
- How is natural capital accounting used to support marine policies?
- How to define marine ecosystem extent account for national and regional analyses?
- Can the Good Environmental Status indicators of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) help in the development of the ecosystem condition accounts?
- How to quantify the links between the marine ecosystem types and the services they provide?
- What are the possibilities of using marine ecosystem accounts in the MSFD analyses of marine waters and cost-of-degradation?
- What can marine ecosystem accounts offer for maritime spatial planning?