This PhD studentship is announced as part of the project FIDELIO funded by a European Research Council starting grant. The project aims to develop a framework that will assist in the better understanding of human perceptions for social impacts of protected areas in Europe and focuses on four case studies. The PhD will contribute to the development of this framework and will also include an in-depth exploration of social impacts of Protected Areas in one of the case studies in Estonia, the Matsalu National Park. [Read more…] about Fully funded PhD studentship: exploring social impacts of Protected Areas
Join the Natural Capital Project in March 18-21, 2019 at Stanford University to continue the conversation around improving the well-being of people and the planet at the Natural Capital Symposium. Every year, leaders from around the world come together at the Symposium to drive innovation and empower decisions informed by nature’s benefits to people. [Read more…] about 2019 Natural Capital Symposium, Call for abstracts is open
The Finish Environment Institute (SYKE) is looking for a researcher/senior researcher to work on the topic of spatial modeling of biodiversity and ecosystem services and application of remote sensing data to the assessment of biodiversity and ecosystem status. Application deadline: 12.11.2018.
This year’s Africa regional conference has the theme “Management of Ecosystem Services for Nature Conservation and Human Wellbeing in Africa” and will be held in Togo.
Interested in presenting your work in one of the thirty conference sessions? The call for abstract is now open.
The online abstract submission system is open from 16 October to 26 November 2018.
The October issue of our newsletter was out earlier this week. In this month’s ESP Update you will find:
- latest info on our Regional Conferences (proceedings from the Asia conference are now online, call for abstracts is open for ESP Africa 2019!),
- updates from several Working Groups and National Networks (the Caribbean regional sub-chapter is recruiting members, the Polish network of ESP would like your input for a survey)
- a whole lot of activities from our colleagues over at the YESS group
- call for nominating candidates for the ESP Steering Committee
- other news from our partners around the globe