The World Resources Institute (WRI) launched a report titled “Roots of Prosperity: The Economics and Finance of Restoring Land”, on 19th December, 2017 at the Global Landscapes Forum; by Felipe Calderón (former President of Mexico), Naoko Ishii (CEO of GEF) and Andrew Steer (CEO of WRI).
The International Journal of of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management has published a special issue on the topic Ecosystem Services Nexus Thinking. It features research that was presented during two key international events. The guest editors of this issue are Sandra Luque, Christine Fürst and Davide Geneletti. [Read more…] about IJBESM Virtual Special Issue: Ecosystem Services Nexus Thinking
The IPBES secretariat would like to thank those Governments who submitted their proposals to nominate experts to the Multidisciplinary Expert Panel. To date, the secretariat has received 35 proposals, including 10 from African States, 3 from Asia-Pacific States, 4 from Eastern European States, 5 from Latin American and Caribbean States, and 13 from Western European and Other States. The list of nominations received is available here. [Read more…] about Extended deadline to nominate members IPBES Multidisciplinary Expert Panel
We published our December Update today! In this latest newsletter you can find updates on:
- The upcoming Regional ESP conferences in 2018
- Latest news on ESP9 World Conference 2017 that will take place next week: 11 to 15 December, Shenzhen, China.
- News from the Polish and Turkish National Networks, and the Task Force on Agrobiodiversity
- Editor’s Choice selection of the International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management
- Latest activities of the Asian Regional Office
- Other news on exciting upcoming events, vacancies, publications and collaboration calls
With regard to the approaching review of the Intergovernmental science-policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) at the end of its first work programme, the platform is extending two calls:
- Call for expressions of interest from professional organisations to coordinate the external element of the IPBES review
- Call for nominations for members of the IPBES review panel (nominations by 2 January 2018)