The EKLIPSE call for expertise (No. 1 /2016) is currently open for: “Nature-based solutions to promote climate resilience in urban areas – developing an impact evaluation framework” and invites experts to form an expert working group. [Read more…] about EKLIPSE – Call for Expert Working Groups
Archives for June 2016
The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) invites experts with relevant knowledge and/or expertise to review the First Order Draft of:
- the IPBES thematic assessment on land degradation and restoration and
- the four regional assessments on biodiversity and ecosystem services.
As part of a NCEAS Science for People And Nature working group “Making Ecosystem Services Count in the SDGs” we are carrying out a short, anonymous survey of people with knowledge and/or expertise in ecosystem services to map out linkages to the newly enacted UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and specific ecosystem services.
The book “Water Ecosystem Services – A Global Perspective” in the “International Hydrology Series” is now open access and can be downloaded for free.
[Read more…] about Book: “Water Ecosystem Services – A Global Perspective” – now Open Access!
The James Hutton Institute and SRUC are currently developing a Natural Assets Register for Scotland as part of the Scottish Government’s Strategic Research Programme, 2016-21. The Natural Assets Register will:
- be spatially based;
- include existing published environmental data;
- include data and modelling outputs from the research programme and elsewhere;
- assess the condition of the assets and their role in providing ecosystem service benefits; and
- inform the development of natural capital accounts.