We would like to call your attention to a new review paper just published by Costanza et al. in Ecosystem Services titled: “Twenty years of ecosystem services: How far have we come and how far do we still need to go?” [Read more…] about Twenty years of ecosystem services: How far have we come and how far do we still need to go?
Our October Update is out this week. In this latest newsletter you can find updates on:
- ESP9 – keynote speakers, deadlines, preliminary program;
- 2018 regional conferences – MENA, Europe and Latin America confirmed, Asia and Africa are planned;
- News from the YESS network, USA National Network, the BWG 5 – Mediterranean Systems and the SWG 9 – Indigenous people & local communities;
- Did you know there is an ESP Visualisation Tool which allows you to share and download ES maps?
- New reports, publications, vacancies, calls for collaboration and other upcoming events from the ES world.
The conference Landscape 2018 will take place on 12-16 March 2018, in Berlin, Germany. The aim of the conference is to present recent advances in landscape research to enhance the development of sustainable agricultural land use and landscape strategies. [Read more…] about Landscape 2018 – Frontiers of agricultural landscape research
Earlier this month EKLIPSE and Biodiversa held a webinar titled Nature-based solutions: Pandora box or reconciling concept.
Тhe recordings of the four presentations and the questions and answers session of the webinar are now fully available on the EKLIPSE YouTube channel.
You can also download all the presentations in PDF format from our repository.
Our colleagues from the Working Group on Indigenous peoples and local communities would like to bring to the attention of those interested in the topic, two recent articles of relevance to the topic. [Read more…] about New publications on indigenous people and local communities